Friday, March 3, 2017

What Are My Goals, As A Person?

To love those who deserve love
And to love those who don't.
To create what's worth creating
And to keep many, many drafts.

To read and become
To listen and become
To watch and become
To think and become
To dream and become
To be and become.

To have the dollars to live
And compassion to give.
To see the darkest nights
And know where to find light.

To see the many blemishes on the many faces
And still to remember them in the galleries of the mind
With all their graces.

To walk lands that are smooth, flat enough that a pancake
Syrupless or not
Could fall and fall as if it fell on a table.
To walk lands that are rough and coarse
Where ankles fear to tread
And logs by fire serve as beds.
To walk lands I haven't heard of
And challenge my bottom half to stand tall
So what's in my eye sockets and past my nostrils and right above my ear lobes can know it
And know that it is not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment