Friday, March 24, 2017

Ben's Blues

While on this bus heading to the east
I find myself down, at my very least
When I have no good for anyone
And wither away at the morning sun.

I've lost all my friends 'cept the very best one
He and I have our tears and our fun
And all the rest are pushed far back away
And I can never hope to reel them back my way

Some think I'm a blood drinking crazed killer
Others thought I'm just plain filler
Some I'd gladly give my heart
Others, good thoughts can't start.

Sometimes I gotta wonder about it all
How'd my full house of cards all fall
Will I find a new deck along the way
Or has it long been time to call it a day

I hope I treated them in ways they deserve
That any punishments were justly earned
That all ill-doings were brought up to health
And that our good times were worth some wealth.

And I know so many hopes are in vain
But now I know to call out all lyin' claims
And not just how to moan and pant
But to stand, help and fight like a man.

I promise I'll do my best to give good to everyone
To never start a fight or give a shun
To tell all the wrongs from all the rights
And to show the same face day and night.

1 comment: